Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When our daughter was little we lived in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Bears prowled around the woods on the edge of our back yard. And occasionally one came out to look in the window at me. (okay, okay, that only happened once... but it was traumatic!)

Understandably, our daughter was fearful of being outside without a parent with her. Recently, she told me that I reassured her by telling her this:

"Oh honey! You are so sweet that any big old bear would save you for dessert. He'd eat your brothers first and since you have three of them, that will give you plenty of time to get to the house."

Good grief. What was I thinking???


2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. Reminds of the times I have told my kids, "If you don't do your schoolwork, the police will come and take me away to jail." Nowadays, I don't say that because they might just take me up on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can so see you saying this! ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete