Monday, January 10, 2011

All of our kids were home for Christmas. Plus a girlfriend or two that were in and out of our house quite regularly. There was more laundry than normal. Less leftovers. (way less leftovers) and once again I felt like I needed to stop by the bank and take out a small loan prior to going to the grocery store.

It felt good. To go to sleep at night knowing that they were all home. Knowing that the questions I had forgotten to ask could easily be asked in the morning.

When we dropped the last one off in Madison, to catch his flight back to Tucson, I road silently
for many blocks as I wiped tears and blew my nose.

But I know that deep down in my heart, I don't want them to have to move back to the bunk bed down the hall. I want them to fly high, dream big, and pursue the God-given passion in their lives.

I think it is going to get easier to have them gone. But it will never change how much I love to have them home.


1 comment: