Friday, April 29, 2011

Recently I subscribed to a blog.  A beautiful blog filled with gorgeous photographs. And classical music that plays softly as I read the daily entry.  It's beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful.  You can tell she is a much better person than I am.
She quotes scripture a lot.  And appropriately !!  She draws beautiful conclusions and encourages others while she raises her good sized family and homeschools all of her munchkins with grace and style.

Did I mention that the site is beautiful?  I don't know what she looks like but I'll bet she's beautiful, too.

I, on the other hand, have turned in to a middle aged woman facing an empty nest and recipes that fit 9x13 inch pans when we have turned into 9x9 inch family.

Can I read this blog and just feel encouraged - plucking out any good that will touch my life today?  Or will I become depressed because I didn't raise my children as beautifully as she is raising her children?  (do you know that they have never given each other Christmas gifts, instead give gifts to the needy in war torn countries?)  I spent a lot of time each holiday season finding the just right lego set or doll. Should I feel badly about that?  I could.  Maybe I even should.

But one of the joys of being 50 something is that I really can look back on my years of parenting and say "I did the best I could."  And then I must trust God to take care of the rest.

If you click on my blog and you hear classical music you can assume you are at the wrong site.  Although I do enjoy classical music, I have become a huge fan of Jack Johnson lately.

But please don't tell the blog lady.  I don't think she'd understand.

2 comments:

  1. I think I just discovered the said blog you are referring to. And, now that I'm getting to "know" the author a little bit, I think perhaps she WOULD understand...more than you might think.

    But,I didn't come to this blog just to tell you that. I came to see if I'd been missing your blogs for the last 8 months. I guess not. They're not here. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Charmaine! I think that she would understand!!! Thanks for your comment!

    Thanks for missing my blogs. Perhaps the new year will bring more focus to my writing and I will be able to figure out what the purpose of this blog is!! :)

    ReplyDelete